[mvapich-discuss] Building mvapich-based applications without access to infiniband system

Ben Held ben.held at staarinc.com
Thu Jan 3 12:56:19 EST 2008

Our company offers a commercial product that we currently build for standard
MPICH-1 and LAM.  We have a client that has a new Infiniband Linux cluster
that has MVAPICH installed on it.  Our company does not own any infiniband
hardware, but we are faced with providing an application for this customer's
cluster.  Is this possible and how do we proceed.  It appears that the build
process for mvapich automatically detects the hardware (that we don't have),
so I have concerns that building mvapich here and the linking it into our
app will result in a binary that will not run on their cluster.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Held
Simulation Technology & Applied Research, Inc.
11520 N. Port Washington Rd., Suite 201
Mequon, WI 53092
P: 1.262.240.0291 x101
F: 1.262.240.0294