[mvapich-discuss] Problem Building MVAPICH-1.0-beta with PGI Compilers

Peter Cebull peter.cebull at inl.gov
Fri Feb 8 14:45:18 EST 2008

Jonathan L. Perkins wrote:

> Just another suggestion.  Can you try MVAPICH from our trunk and/or
> mvapich2 to see if you encounter the same issue?  Is there an older
> version of MVAPICH that you got to work with the same configuration?

I tried mvapich-0.9.9-2008-02-05 with no luck. MVAPICH2 seemed to build
okay. I've never built MVAPICH before -- our new system (SGI Altix ICE)
came with gcc and Intel versions of mvapich 0.9.9, I'm just trying to
build an equivalent configuration for the PGI compilers.

It seems to be a problem finding include files. If I cd into
romio/mpi-io and try to compile close.c, it fails. I copied the entire
source tree to my desktop (OpenSUSE 10.1 and the same PGI compilers) and
close.c compiled with no problem. Back on the other system if I copied
the header files from the include directory into romio/mpi-io, then I
could compile close.c.

Peter

--
Peter Cebull