[mvapich-discuss] checkpointing performance

wei huang huanwei at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Feb 4 10:33:01 EST 2008

Hi Biswajit,

Thanks for trying out CR feature. There will be slight performance
degradation if you build MVAPICH2 with CR, even if application does not
take any. This because some of the performance optimizations, such as
intra-node shared memory communication, are not currently supported with
CR enabled. We are working on adding this functionality for the next
release of MVAPICH2.

Thanks.

Regards,
Wei Huang

774 Dreese Lab, 2015 Neil Ave,
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
Ohio State University
OH 43210
Tel: (614)292-8501