[mvapich-discuss] Problem with slow start in mpirun_rsh using mvapich1.1

Terrence.LIAO at total.com Terrence.LIAO at total.com
Tue Dec 2 10:32:02 EST 2008

Dear mvapich,

I have this slow start problem and do not know how to fix it.  I am trying
to run a very simple hello world and using this typical command:
mpirun_rsh -hostfile host.list -np 27 ./mpi_hello.exe on our IB cluster,
from time to time it will run but in most case it give me "Timeout during
client startup".   Any advice to fix this problem.  Is VIA_CM_TIMEOUT a
parameter I should tune for this?

Thank you very much.

-- Terrence
Terrence Liao, Ph.D.
Research Computer Scientist
TOTAL E&P RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY USA, LLC
1201 Louisiana, Suite 1800, Houston, TX 77002
Tel: 713.647.3498  Fax: 713.647.3638
Email: terrence.liao at total.com