[mvapich-discuss] Error while compiling mvapich-1.1 with sunstudio

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Dec 1 11:34:36 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 02:32:39PM +0100, Thomas Bach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I missinterpreted some signs in my last mail. Compilation still
> fails. With the original make.mvapich.gen2 shipped by your
> distribution it stops somewhere at viainit.c.
>
> I changed that a bit to get shared-libs, f90-modules, and to
> explicitly compile the f77 stuff (which it doesn't by defautl).

Thomas:
In order to get fortran support using the Sun Studio compilers, you'll
need to replace the -Wl,-rpath option with -R.

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mvapich_user_guide-1.1.html#x1-420007.1.14

I see from your config-mine.log that this is the first issue
encountered.  Can you try this out and let us know if this resolves this
and any subsequent issues?

> So that the configure command looks like this:
> ./configure --with-device=ch_gen2 --with-arch=LINUX -prefix=${PREFIX} \
> 	--with-romio --without-mpe -lib="$LIBS" --enable-cxx --enable-f77 \
>         --enable-f90modules --enable-f90 --enable-sharedlib 2>&1 |tee config-mine.log
>
> Now viainit.c compiles, but I get errors with cpplib which are
> ignored. The test-routine still crashes with the same output as the
> last compilation without adapted configure.
>
> Also I can't find any fortran files in the installation.
>
> Greets,
>         Thomas Bach.

Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo