[mvapich-discuss] dynamic process connections (accept/connect or MPI_Comm_join) and Infiniband...

leon zadorin leonleon77 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 11:19:27 EDT 2008

On 4/17/08, Jaidev Sridhar <sridharj at cse.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
> Leon,
>
> I believe you missed Dr. Panda's earlier response
> (http://mail.cse.ohio-state.edu/pipermail/mvapich-discuss/2008-April/001568.html).
> I've attached his response. Do let us know if have any other queries.

ah - great - thanks for that.

connections (accept/connect or >MPI_Comm_join) and Infiniband... (fwd)
>Regarding your question, dynamic process management over native IB is not
>available with MVAPICH2 yet. We are working on it and it will be available
>in future releases. You can try the TCP/IP interface of MVAPICH2 (which is
>equivalent to MPICH2).> Thanks,

I see :-) Any generic timeframe on future releases which might support
the dynamic process connectivity over infiniband? I guess it will
depend on how high on the 'stack of priorities' this issue is
positioned :-)

In the meantime - is anyone aware of any other libs which may support
MPI_Comm_join for bootstrapping MPI message deliveries over
Infiniband?

Once again - thanks for  your feedback.

Leon.