[mvapich-discuss] IB is not loading

Christopher Tanner christopher.tanner at gatech.edu
Tue Apr 15 19:20:59 EDT 2008

Sorry to keep hassling everyone, but I have received several potential
solutions to my problem, but none have worked (or I'm a little to
novice to understand what to do). Thanks for all your help though.
Here's another try...

I'm pretty sure the IB drivers are not loading and I don't know how to
load them. Here's the error I get when trying to execute the
osu_latency benchmark in mvapich2:

libibverbs: Fatal: couldn't read uverbs ABI version.
Fatal error in MPI_Init:
Other MPI error, error stack:
MPIR_Init_thread(259)...........: Initialization failed
MPID_Init(102)..................: channel initialization failed
MPIDI_CH3_Init(178).............:
MPIDI_CH3I_RMDA_init(115).......: rdma_get_control_parameters
rdma_get_control_parameters(432):
rdma_open_hca(367)..............: No IB device found
rank 3 in job 1  master.cl.ae.gatech.edu_41302   caused collective
abort of all ranks
  exit status of rank 3: return code 1

Matt suggested running 'ibstat', which doesn't exist on my machine.
I'm executing the script on four separate nodes via a machinefile (not
the master), all of which have OFED and mvapich2 installed.

So... I'm essentially looking for a way to load the drivers. Rebooting
the master and each node post install didn't work. Anyone have any
thoughts? Thanks!

Chris Tanner
Space Systems Design Lab
Georgia Institute of Technology