[mvapich-discuss] No IB device found

Matthew Koop koop at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sun Apr 13 23:41:42 EDT 2008

Chris,

Does the master node also have an IB card on it or not? Note that by
default the node that you start the mpd ring from (probably the master) is
also included in the ring, even if it doesn't have an IB card. You can
either specifically configure it to not put any processes on the first
node, use a machine file, or just start the mpd ring from a compute node.

To use a machine file you'd start the ring normally and then create a host
file:

e.g. in 'h':
m1
m1
m2
m2

mpiexec -machinefile ./h ./exec

Otherwise, on each node run the 'ibstat' command and verify that it shows
an HCA is installed.

Let us know if these suggestions help,

Matt