[mvapich-discuss] Install MVAPICH 1

Stecher, Fred Fred.Stecher at atk.com
Thu Apr 10 12:23:49 EDT 2008

Hi,
This is a follow-up to previous question concerning whether MVAPICH 1 is
using InfiniBand or Ethernet. Upon monitoring network traffic, my
executable is definitely using Ethernet.
I have reinstalled MVAPICH. The user manual stated "Go to the
mvapich-1.0 directory. We have included
a single script for OpenFabrics/Gen2 (make.mvapich.gen2) that takes care
of different
platforms, compilers and architectures. By default, the compilation
script uses gcc. In
order to select your compiler, please set the variable CC in the script
to use either Intel,
PathScale or PGI compiler. The platform/architecture is detected
automatically."  I tried make -f make.mvapich.gen2 with following error
message:
make.mvapich.gen2:7: *** missing separator.  Stop.
I then just typed make. This resulted in installation of some version of
MVAPICH. I am not sure what version. Do anyone know what version was
installed or how to determine the version?

Thanks,

Fred