[mvapich-discuss] Problem in running mpi processes on TCP/IP

Devesh Sharma devesh28 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 07:55:03 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I am trying to run an MPI job beween two nodes using TCP/IP. The nodes
consists of two different ethernet interfaces those are eth0 and ib0 (using
ipoib)
I want to run my job through ib0 interface, host-names for both the
interfaces are different node1 and node2 for eth0 and ibnode1 and ibnode2
for ib0,
but when I run mpdboot by specifying ibnode1 and ibnode2 in the mdp.host
file, mpdtrace shows
node1 and node2 still!
How can I select ib0 as communication interface?

-Devesh