[mvapich-discuss] collectives fail under mvapich2-1.0

Edmund Sumbar esumbar at ualberta.ca
Wed Sep 26 17:35:48 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm new to the list.  If a similar issue has already been
addressed, my apologies (and can you point me to an archive).

I'm trying to confirm my mvapich2-1.0 installation by running
SKaMPI (pt2pt, coll, onesided), Intel MPI Benchmark (MPI1 only)
and the mvapich2 coll tests.

Running the mvapich2 coll tests in alphabetical order, I find
that it stalls on "icallgather," that is, no output after
several minutes and the next test is not run.  I also experience
stalling with the coll and onesided SKaMPI tests.  The IMB-MPI1
tests pass however.

Mvapich2-1.0 was compiled using make.mvapich2.ofa (gcc 4.2.0).
The tests were run under Torque using mpiexec-0.81 between two
nodes (dual-socket, dual-core Opterons).

   for test in allgather2 allgather3 ...; do
     mpiexec $test >out 2>err
   done

No problem, when run within a node.

Any ideas?