[mvapich-discuss] Error in final mpicc, mpiCC, etc for mvapich2-0.9.8p3

Shaun Rowland rowland at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Sep 25 19:49:15 EDT 2007

David Gunter wrote:
> After building mvapich2-0.98p3 on one of our systems I noticed that the
> final lib install directory looked like this:
>
> /opt/mvapich2/mvapich2-0.98p3/lib64
>
> whereas inside the final "mpicc" and other compiler scripts was the
> following:
>
> libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
>
> which maps out to /opt/mvapich2/mvapich2-0.98p3/lib.

This is also what I see for libdir in the configure script. I am not
sure how it is making a lib64 directory. I've never seen that before,
and we build on 64 bit machines a lot. Can you tell me exactly how you
are building? Are you specifying the --libdir configure argument, or
letting it do its default?

Shaun Rowland	rowland at cse.ohio-state.edu
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~rowland/