[mvapich-discuss] Suggestion for OSU benchmarks

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Sep 14 11:15:08 EDT 2007

Jeff - Thanks for the suggestion and the patch. We will incorporate
it.

Thanks,

DK

=====

Greetings.

I have a minor suggestion for the OSU benchmarks: it would be handy
to put in an fflush() statement after the fprintf/printf statements.
This is useful to show that progress is actually occurring in the
job, especially on slow networks and/or if the resource manager (or
other I/O forwarding system) buffers the stdout until the entire job
completes.

I've attached a simple patch against https://mvapich.cse.ohio-
state.edu/svn/mpi/mvapich2/trunk/osu_benchmarks at 1507 (this morning)
which adds in all the fflush'es.  Enjoy.

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems