[mvapich-discuss] parallel file read -> "cannot allocate memory for the file buffer"

Christian Guggenberger christian.guggenberger at rzg.mpg.de
Thu Oct 18 16:10:09 EDT 2007

Hi Nathan,

> SO, now the questions:
>
> 1) Can anyone duplicate our problem with the above code?

I tried it in our environment and could run the code on up to 256 cores.
x86_64/SLES9/OFED-1.2.5.1/GPFS-3.1/mvapich2-1.0 with SRQ enabled.
Our IB cards are 25208, tavor compatibility mode, FW 4.8.200

Unfortunately I do not have any other filesystem (with the exception
of AFS) handy on that cluster.

> 5) How do I disable SRQ in MVAPICH2 to see if that helps at all?
export MV2_DISABLE_SRQ=1
you can also propagate it with the '-env' flag of mpiexec.

However, I am not quite sure, if the above name is correct. It might have been
changed with recent mvapich2 versions. Please refer to the mvapich2 user guide.

cheers.
 - Christian