[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH+IB] mvapich2-1.0.1 in IB network when openSM with LASH is running

Keshetti Mahesh keshetti85-student at yahoo.co.in
Wed Nov 28 06:03:26 EST 2007

Has anyone in the list ever tested MVAPICH in infiniband network
in which openSM is running with LASH routing algorithm enabled?

I also haven't tested the above case but i can foresee a problem
because LASH routing algorithm in openSM uses virtual
lanes (VL) which are directly mapped with service levels (SL)
of infiniband network.And LASH routing algorithm assigns different
VLs ( thus SLs) to different paths in the network. This SL <-> path association
information is available only through the subnet manager (openSM) during
connection establishment.But AFAIK, mvapich don't use the services of subnet
manager for connection establishment between nodes. So I want to know
whether anyone thought about it and working on it or not.

regards,
Mahesh