[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2 and openmp

Dominique Delande Dominique.Delande at spectro.jussieu.fr
Sat May 26 17:22:10 EDT 2007

I am trying to use mvapich2-0.9.8p2, built with
--enable-threads=multiple, with a program where the various threads
are created by OpenMP. When running the program, the threads
are correctly created and executed, but always SEQUENTIALLY
(each node is a two dual-core processors, and could thus accomodate
4 threads). When threads are created manually (not with OpenMP),
everything works fine. Any idea of what could be wrong?
Each node runs a Fedora Core 5 distribution with a SMP 2.6.21.3
linux kernel (similar behaviour observed for various kernels).
I tried with gcc, version 4.2, and the Intel C compiler, version 9.1,
with similar results.

Sincerely

Dominique Delande
--
    Dominique Delande (Dominique.Delande at spectro.jussieu.fr)
    Laboratoire Kastler-Brossel - Case 74 - Universite P. et M. Curie