[mvapich-discuss] LMC modifications

Abhinav Vishnu vishnu at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri May 11 09:03:31 EDT 2007

Hi Chevchenkovic,

Thanks for using MVAPICH. I hope that you are using MVAPICH 0.9.9
version for your evaluation.

For your problem, you may not need to hardcode any values for using
LIDs 13 and 19. With 0.9.9 version, MVAPICH supports multi-pathing
using LMC mechanism. For your purpose, adding the following environment
variable during the execution of your program:

% mpirun_rsh -np 2 node1 node2 VIADEV_USE_LMC=1 ./prog

More details for this parameter are present at the following link of
MVAPICH user guide:

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mvapich_user_guide.html#x1-690009.1.6

Details about MVAPICH multi-pathing are present at:

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mvapich_user_guide.html#x1-240005.7

Please let us know the outcome of your experimentation.

Thanks,

:- Abhinav