[mvapich-discuss] Question about gfortran and mvapich1 and 2

Shaun Rowland rowland at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Mar 27 18:57:48 EDT 2007

Bas van der Vlies wrote:
> Our environment is : Debian Etch
> g77       : 3.4.6
> gfortran  : 4.1.2
> gcc       : 4.1.2
>
> When we compile blacs with mvapich1 (0.9.8) and mvapich2 (0.9.8) with
> F77=g77 and F90=gfortran we can compile the blacs library and run the
> test program.
>
> But when we use gfortran for F77 and F90 we can compile the blacs
> library but the test program fails to run.
>
> Does anybody have a clue?

Hi. I've been looking into this as well. I think the issue might simply
be with the default output bufferring in gfortran. I'd also like to know
what you are observing, but maybe you can simply try:

export GFORTRAN_UNBUFFERED_ALL=y

and then trying the tests? When building blacs, I also set the following
in my Bmake.inc file:

INTFACE = -DAdd_
TRANSCOMM = -DCSameF77

This was specifically for the case where I built MVAPICH2 0.9.8 with
F77=gfortran and F90=gfortran.

Does any of this help solve the problem you are having?
Shaun Rowland	rowland at cse.ohio-state.edu
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~rowland/