[mvapich-discuss] Building OFED MVAPICH with panfs Support

Shaun Rowland rowland at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Mar 26 20:15:40 EDT 2007

Alfred Torrez wrote:
> Can you tell me how to specify file system type e.g. panfs+nfs when
> building with the OFED build script.  I know  that ROMIO can be
> specified.  Sorry, if this obvious.  I've looked for the answer in the
> mail archives and documentation.

Hi Alfred. Do you mean the OFED distribution that has its own installer
script and builds an RPM or the make.mvapich.gen2 script that comes with
our source distribution? If you mean the make.mvapich.gen2 script, you
need to modify the line that runs configure to add the following option:

--with-file-system=panfs+nfs

One way to do this is simply to set the ROMIO variable in the
make.mvapich.gen2 script to be:

ROMIO="--with-romio --with-file-system=panfs+nfs"

Below the "if" condition where it is set for F90 support. This will
ensure ROMIO is built and that it has the filesystem support you desire.

Please let us know if this solves your problem. Right now the OFED
distribution installation script does not have a ROMIO option for
MVAPICH. I can follow up further if this is what you meant instead of
the source distribution make script. Please let me know. Thanks.
Shaun Rowland	rowland at cse.ohio-state.edu
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~rowland/