[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2-0.9.8 problem with rsh

Christian Boehme Christian.Boehme at gwdg.de
Wed Mar 7 06:05:23 EST 2007

Hello!

We have a problem when using rsh to start the mpd's with mvapich2
version 0.9.8. We use an LSF-wrapper script to execute:

$path_to_mpdboot --rsh=rsh --remcons -n $np -f $hostfile

but we get errors like this:

> mpdboot_gwdm006 (handle_mpd_output 368): failed to connect to mpd on gwdm103
> Failed to start MPD daemons

Using

$path_to_mpdboot --remcons -n $np -f $hostfile

(i.e. ssh) _does_ work, however. We also use similar wrappers for
mvapich (mpirun_rsh mechanism) and openmpi, and they work with _both_
rsh and ssh. I admit that we have not done much debugging, but I thought
that someone here might hint where to best start looking for problems,
as both rsh and mvapich2 principally work, but not together. Thanks!

Christian Boehme

--
Dr. Christian Boehme
email: Christian.Boehme at gwdg.de