[mvapich-discuss] Cannot run test mpirun after install mvapich.

Matthew Koop koop at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jun 28 11:41:56 EDT 2007

> 4. I guess I am not compiling with mpicc in $PREFIX/bin. My $PREFIX is just
> a location I want to have mvapich installed only (on a NFS mount share
> drive). In fact, I modified the make file make.mvapich.vapi and execute this
> file after unpack the tarball. This is how I compile the mvapich. Should I
> compile it differently?
>
> Please see the attached make.mvapich.vapi for your information and correct
> me if I am wrong. This is my first time install MPICH over Infiniband.

The make.mvapich.vapi file looks correct. My guess is that your only
problem is not using the mpicc in $PREFIX. Can you try compiling the MPI
programs (something from osu_benchmarks or examples/) with that mpicc and
see if things work for you? It may be a good idea to add $PREFIX/bin to
the front of our path.

Let us know if it works to use mpicc or if you have any other issues.
Thanks,

Matt