[mvapich-discuss] errors when using MVAPICH on P4 Cluster@OSC

Abhinav Vishnu vishnu at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jun 20 10:43:02 EDT 2007

Hi,

Thanks for using MVAPICH and reporting the problem to us.

> Hi there,
>
> I am a new user of MVAPICH, currently i am working on a parallel application using MPI on P4 cluster at OSC. the following error is what i've experienced after successfully compiling and linking.
>
> /***
> [0] Abort: Error: EVAPI_list_hcas: Error in an underlying O/S call
>  at line 258 in file viaparam.c
> mpiexec: Error: read_full: EOF, only 0 of 4 bytes.
> ***/
>
> Could you please tell me how to get rid of this error? Many thanks.
>
> Yang
>
> p.s.  I couldn't use mpicc, mpiCC or mpicxx to compile my code, so currently, the code is compiled and linked using icpc together with $MPI_LIBS and $MPI_CFLAGS.

This is strange. I would not expect to be able to run an MPI application
without compiling with mpicc in general.

Can you possibly use a dummy program which calls MPI_Init and follows it
with MPI_Finalize and no other communication and computation. If you are
not able to compile this program, then i think it would be the best to
contact your system administrator regarding the MPI installation and its
usage.

Thanks much,

:- Abhinav