[mvapich-discuss] Cluster hanged with mpdallexit message in log

Vishwas vishwas.vasisht at Locuz.com
Wed Jun 13 03:59:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

Whole of my cluster got hanged. I could ping the machines but could not
login. I have the following message in log

Jun 12 14:45:46 node000 python2.4: mpdallexit: mpd_uncaught_except_tb
handling:   exceptions.TypeError: not all arguments converted during string
formatting     /usr/local/mvapich2/bin/mpdlib.py  899  __init__
mpd_print(1,'forked process failed; status=' % status)
/usr/local/mvapich2/bin/mpdallexit  44  mpdallexit         conSock =
MPDConClientSock(mpdroot=mpdroot,secretword=parmdb['MPD_SECRETWORD'])
/usr/local/mvapich2/bin/mpdallexit  59  ?         mpdallexit()

Can somebody help me out in this regard.

Thanks

Vishwas