[mvapich-discuss] Cannot run test mpirun after install mvapich.

Matthew Koop koop at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Jul 3 18:17:27 EDT 2007

> Follow up the previous email
> When running as root (which has ssh keyless setup). IT'S WORKING
> When running with my regular id (only rsh keyless is setup). NOT WORKING.
> which is what we expect isn't it?

Yes, this is to be expected. By default 'ssh' is used -- so as your user
it is trying to use ssh, which you do not have setup for password-less
login (and is required). You can try using 'rsh' as your own user by using
the "-rsh" flag:

mpirun_rsh -rsh -np 2 host1 host2 ./exec

Can you give this a try?

Thanks,

Matt