[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH and HugeTLB

Andrey Slepuhin andrey.slepuhin at t-platforms.ru
Mon Jul 2 12:41:43 EDT 2007

Dear folks,

I am playing with libhugetlb to see the performance difference with
different application, but in order get it work correctly I need
1) to disable PTMALLOC (otherwise malloc hooks from libhugetlb do not
work and the application uses standard pages)
2) to turn off memory registration cache (otherwise I got incorrect
results or application simpy fails)
Does anybody else tried libhugetlb with MVAPICH? Are there any plans to
implement "transparent" support for libhugetlb that will not require any
special configuration for MVAPICH?

Thanks,
Andrey