[mvapich-discuss] Questions about compiling MVAPICH2

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jan 25 11:29:25 EST 2007

Hello,

* On Jan,1 Bas van der Vlies<basv at sara.nl> wrote :
> Hello,
>
>  I am trying to compile the 0.9.8 version of MVAPICH2. The previous
> version we could compile without any problems.
>
> Our operating system is: Debian Sarge
>
> Here are the questions:
>   - libumad is required now ( I could not found a deb package for it).
> I have download the openib 1.1 source and build the libumad and
> libcommon from source is this the right version or must we use another one?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

AFAIK, as long as all the IB code is from one repository (e.g.
OFED-1.1), it is fine. I'm wondering if the other sources you have
installed are also from OFED-1.1?

>  - the package did not compile see error below. We comment the mem*
> functions and everything compiled smoothly:
> +568
> #if __STD_C
> /* HvB en HvW
> void* memset(void*, int, size_t);
> void* memcpy(void*, const void*, size_t);
> */

So, after applying this patch, MVAPICH2 compiles fine and MPI programs
are working fine for you?

Thanks,
Sayantan.

--