[mvapich-discuss] Query related to running MVAPICH over OFED

yogeshwar sonawane yogyas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 00:47:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

With "MV2_DAPL_PROVIDER=OpenIB-cma" environment variable specified as
per guidence, the things are working now.

Thanks Mr. Panda & lei chai, for all the help & suggestions.

One feedback :- For all this discussion & trials, i was using
OpenIB-cma as the default dapl provider during compilation of
MVAPICH2. When i was getting error, there also OpenIB-cma was
specified as default dapl provider during compilation. But during
run-time, specifying MV2_DAPL_PROVIDER has solved that problem.
I tried ib0 as the default dapl provider during compilation, then also
i got one error :- Cannot Open IA.
But again during run-time, specifying "-env MV2_DAPL_PROVIDER
OpenIB-cma" makes the things work.
I think this variable overrides the provider during compilation.
This info may be useful for u.

Yogeshwar