[mvapich-discuss] ofed config

Shaun Rowland rowland at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Aug 20 19:40:09 EDT 2007

rcbord at wm.edu wrote:
> Hi all,
>   We are trying to determine the best way to install ofed-1.2
> (infiniband drivers) for our cluster to make the mvapich/mvapich2
> installation easier.
> Any suggestions?

The easiest thing to do is select the MVAPICH/MVAPICH2 packages that
come with OFED 1.2. Those are the current releases, and that will cause
the OFED 1.2 install to make sure all the packages required are
selected, even if you don't select them explicitly.

Otherwise, you should make sure you have the following packages selected
for installation:

MVAPICH
-------
libibverbs
libibverbs-devel
libibumad
libibcommon

MVAPICH2 (OFA Build - make.mvapich2.ofa)
libibverbs
libibverbs-devel
libibumad
libibumad-devel
librdmacm
librdmacm-devel
libibcommon
libibcommon-devel

MVAPICH2 (uDAPL Build - make.mvapich2.udapl)
dapl
dapl-devel
libibverbs
librdmacm

I think including those would include the right OFA base packages too.
It's hard to tell from the install script mechanism actually. It's
really complicated.

It might be easier to just select to install everything, but
regardless, the easiest thing to do I think is just select the
MVAPICH/MVAPICH2 packages that are part of OFED 1.2. You can build your
own later or remove the RPMs installed later if you want.
Shaun Rowland	rowland at cse.ohio-state.edu
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~rowland/