[mvapich-discuss] Announcing the release of MVAPICH2 1.0-beta

Mike Houston mhouston at graphics.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 13 18:55:04 EDT 2007

Nevermind, I was building a slightly older version I guess.  Grabbing
from SVN seems to build clean for me.  Now onto multi-threaded testing....

Thanks!

-Mike

Mike Houston wrote:
> [...]
>> reflected in tonight's tarball). Web links to these are available on
>> the mvapich2 download page.
>>
>> Let us know if you experience any additional problems.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> DK
>>

>>> Dr. Panda,
>>>
>>> Thank you again for you and your group's hard work on this software.
>>>
>>> I'll start by saying that I know I should move over to OpenFabrics
>>> and Gen2,
>>> but as we've discussed previously, this isn't currently a viable
>>> option for
>>> reasons that are outside the scope of this forum. With that said...
>>>
>>> A few compilation snags with MVAPICH2-1.0-beta on the VAPI flavor:
>>>
>>> (1) In src/mpid/osu_ch3/channels/mrail/src/rdma/ch3_read_progress.c
>>> line 146
>>> :
>>>
>>> type = MPIDI_CH3I_MRAILI_Cq_poll(v_ptr, NULL, 0, is_blocking)
>>>
>>> calls with four arguments; the VAPI version ( defined in
>>> src/mpid/osu_ch3/channels/mrail/src/vapi/mpidi_ch3_rdma_post.h ) has
>>> only
>>> the first three arguments. I imagine this is just a missing #ifdef
>>> switch
>>>
>>> (2) in src/mpid/osu_ch3/channels/mrail/src/vapi/rdma_iba_1sc.c lines
>>> 151-156
>>> :
>>>
>>> if (SMP_INIT)
>>> {
>>>     /*correspoding post has not been issued */
>>>     flag = 0;
>>>     break;
>>> }
>>>
>>> These lines appear to have migrated here from somewhere else in the
>>> code
>>> (perhaps  the function immediately above it.) The variable flag is
>>> undefined
>>> at this point, and there's a break statement without a loop to break
>>> out
>>> of...
>>>
>>> By no means a tested fix, but removing the last argument from the issue
>>> mentioned in (1) and commenting out the offending lines in (2)
>>> appears to
>>> allow the VAPI channel to compile and run (benchmarks, in-house tools)
>>> successfully. I haven't been able to get logging working, but that is
>>> another discussion.
>>>
>>> Your thoughts?
>>>
>>> Thanks again!
>>>  Eric Borisch

>>> --
>>> Eric A. Borisch
>>> eborisch at ieee.org
>>>
>>> ------=_Part_46971_9804973.1185892355266
>>>
>>> Dr. Panda,<br><br>Thank you again for you and your group&#39;s hard
>>> work on this software.<br><br>I&#39;ll start by saying that I know I
>>> should move over to OpenFabrics and Gen2, but as we&#39;ve discussed
>>> previously, this isn&#39;t currently a viable option for reasons
>>> that are outside the scope of this forum. With that said...
>>> flavor:<br><br>(1) In
>>> src/mpid/osu_ch3/channels/mrail/src/rdma/ch3_read_progress.c line
>>> 146 :<br><br><div style="margin-left: 40px; font-family: courier
>>> new,monospace;">
>>> type = MPIDI_CH3I_MRAILI_Cq_poll(v_ptr, NULL, 0,
>>> version ( defined in
>>> src/mpid/osu_ch3/channels/mrail/src/vapi/mpidi_ch3_rdma_post.h ) has
>>> only the first three arguments. I imagine this is just a missing
>>> switch ...<br><br>(2) in
>>> src/mpid/osu_ch3/channels/mrail/src/vapi/rdma_iba_1sc.c lines
>>> 151-156 : <br><br style="font-family: courier new,monospace;"><div