[mvapich-discuss] viacheck.c error

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Apr 19 14:58:00 EDT 2007

Hello Alicia,

Thanks for reporting the error. As you said, the error appears after
calling "system" from within an MPI program. The "system" call involves
an internal call to fork(). As of OFED-1.1, fork() is *not* supported by
the underlying InfiniBand libraries. I believe OFED-1.2 will support fork().

Thanks,
Sayantan.

http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~surs