[mvapich-discuss] Parameters for build

Mark Potts potts at hpcapplications.com
Thu Apr 19 11:54:00 EDT 2007

Lei,
    Thanks for your very prompt responses.

    Is there more info or a writeup on the magnitude of the importance
    of the VCLUSTER value?  I am trying to assist a computer manufacturer
    in their adoption of MVAPICH and need to understand how dramatic an
    effect users might observe in latency/BW if, e.g.,  we were to choose
    SMALL and the system contained 2K nodes or, the reverse, we chose
    LARGE for a 100 node cluster system.

    BTW, did your numbers of <256, 256-1024, >1024 refer to nodes or to
    cpus?  Given a system with N cpus per node, it makes a difference.

    I note that OFED builds of MVAPICH using udapl device don't even ask
    one to choose a size, so that implies a potentially bad default for
    any given system.

           regards,