[mvapich-discuss] mvapich layer breaking

Mike Heffner mike.heffner at evergrid.com
Fri Sep 8 15:13:59 EDT 2006

Hi Amith,

I apologize for the late reply.

Yes, I see that you are setting that up in those functions
(comm_rdma_init and comm_exch_addr) and that there is some other code
for multicast support in there. My question was that it looks like it
would be cleaner to put that code in MPID_CommInit() which should exist
in the MPID layer. There is a call to MPID_CommInit() immediately before
the RDMA setup code, so there shouldn't be an issue with pushing the
code into that function and leaving MPIR_Comm_make_coll as stock mpich.

Just an observation while reading through the code that would clean up
some of the device-specific code in the stock MPIR_ components.

Cheers,

Mike