[mvapich-discuss] 0.9.8 build error

Steve Jones stevejones at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 31 14:59:55 EST 2006

> We have tested MVAPICH extensively with VAPI libraries provided by
> Mellanox (IBGD, version 1.8.2). During our testing we did not see these
> errors. Can you try out with IBGD and let us know the outcome of your
> experimentation?
>
> Also, as you are aware, the IB community is moving towards Openfabrics
> based drivers. I would strongly suggest you to upgrade your stack with
> openfabrics gen2 drivers. Please let us know the outcome.

i'm aware your sending the message the IB community is moving towards this,
but vendors still make the statement it's not mature and they continue to
release both their driver stack along side an optimized version of the OF
stack.

so, are you stating that i don't have an option of using the cisco IB driver
and OSU MVAPICH 0.9.8?

thanks.

steve