[mvapich-discuss] running mvapich2 on udapl

Sundeep Narravula narravul at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Oct 23 23:38:20 EDT 2006

Hi Dave,

This error message should be generated by mvapich (subject mentions
mvapich2). It looks like a problem with the dapl setup.  The mvapich
library is not able to open the dapl device. You need to have the dapl
device you are trying to use working and listed in /etc/dat.conf.  The
name of the device needs to be passed to the mpi library using the mvapich
parameter "DAPL_PROVIDER" ("MV2_DAPL_PROVIDER" for mvapich2).

for mvapich user guide the relavent sections are:
http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/mvapich_user_guide.html#x1-880009.32
http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/mvapich_user_guide.html#x1-460007.4

The same issues are addressed in both mvapich and mvapich2 user guides:
http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/user_guide.html

Please let us know if anything.

Cheers,
  --Sundeep.