[mvapich-discuss] Re: MVAPICH2 for rnfs capable 2.6.17.10 kernel

Sundeep Narravula narravul at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Nov 30 19:18:12 EST 2006

Helen,

> Is the installation directory you mentioned above for the MPI software?

No. I was refering to the iwarp stack installation in my previous mail.

> I am actually trying to figure out how to compile the iwarp-stack
> userspace software. The following are the directory tree containing
> the userspace packages.  How do I compile and install them? Is there a
> script fot that?

The instructions for compiling and installing the iwarp branch is
available on the OFA wiki. For chelsio T3 the link is

https://openib.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Install+OpenIB+for+Chelsio+T3

The steps for installing the iwarp stack userspace software are listed
there. I am not aware of any script for that.

> I assume I can then customize the MVAPICH2 Makefile to pick the
> installation target directory?

Yes. Currently the MVAPICH2 make script (make.mvapich2.iwarp) defaults to
/usr/local. This can be changed to your iwarp stack userspace software
installation directory.

  --Sundeep.