[mvapich-discuss] [MVAPICH2 0.9.5] Unaligned accesses on IA64 platforms

Yann K. yann.kalemkarian at bull.net
Thu Nov 30 07:07:09 EST 2006

Hello everybody,

I wanted to know if anybody had unaligned accesses using osu/gen2 driver
with DDR boards on IA64 ?
Hunting for the unaligned accesses on Linux, I got the following :

+
/yann/SOUCHES/mvapich2-0.9.5/src/mpid/osu_ch3/src/ch3u_handle_recv_pkt.c:342

+ here, we're trying to update a request status, by putting an MPI_Aint
(MPIDI_msg_sz_t, data_sz) into an int status/count. On IA64, MPI_Aint is
a long. That's were the u.a. comes from.

Did anybody solved this issue or have propositions ?

Yann Kalemkarian
HPC Software Engineer
Open Software R&D
Bull, Architect of an Open World TM