[mvapich-discuss] Re: [openfabrics-ewg] Announcing the release of MVAPICH2 0.9.8 with Checkpoint/Restart, iWARP, RDMA CM-based connection manageme

david elsen elsen_david at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 20:57:23 EST 2006

Sundeep,

Finally I was able to build the OSU MPI tools.

Thanks for your help.

Now I have some problem while trying to run it. Please see the following:

[root at ammasso1 bin]# ./mpdtrace
/root/0.9.8-RELEASE/bin/mpdroot: error while loading shared libraries: librdmacm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
mpdtrace: mpd_uncaught_except_tb handling:
  exceptions.TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
    /root/0.9.8-RELEASE/bin/mpdlib.py  899  __init__
        mpd_print(1,'forked process failed; status=' % status)
    ./mpdtrace  46  mpdtrace
        conSock = MPDConClientSock(mpdroot=mpdroot,secretword=parmdb['MPD_SECRETWORD'])
    ./mpdtrace  83  ?
        mpdtrace()
[root at ammasso1 bin]#
[root at ammasso1 bin]#
[root at ammasso1 bin]# ./mpiexec -n 1 ./cpi
/root/0.9.8-RELEASE/bin/mpdroot: error while loading shared libraries: librdmacm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
mpiexec_ammasso1: mpd_uncaught_except_tb handling:
  exceptions.TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
    /root/0.9.8-RELEASE/bin/mpdlib.py  899  __init__
        mpd_print(1,'forked process failed; status=' % status)
    ./mpiexec  231  mpiexec
        conSock = MPDConClientSock(mpdroot=mpdroot,secretword=parmdb['MPD_SECRETWORD'])
    ./mpiexec  1509  ?
        mpiexec()
[root at ammasso1 bin]#

Can you let me know how to enable the ssh on my nodes?

Thanks,
David

david elsen <elsen_david at yahoo.com> wrote: Sundeep,

See the following error messages:
It looks like something is not set on my computer.

Can someone help me with this?
David

[root at ammasso2 mvapich]# ./make.mvapich2.iwarp
Configuring MVAPICH2...
Configuring MPICH2 version MVAPICH2-0.9.8 with --prefix=/usr/local/mvapich2 --with-device=osu_ch3:mrail --with-rdma=gen2 --with-pm=mpd --disable-romio --without-mpe
sourcing /usr/local/mvapich2/src/pm/mpd/setup_pm
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for type of weak symbol support... pragma  weak
checking whether __attribute__ ((weak)) allowed... yes
checking for multiple weak symbol support... yes
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether g77 accepts -g... no
checking how to get verbose linking output from g77... configure: WARNING: compilation failed

checking for Fortran libraries of g77...
checking whether C can link with ... yes
checking for linker for Fortran main programs... configure: error: Could not compile Fortran test program
checking for type of weak symbol support... pragma weak
checking whether __attribute__ ((weak)) allowed... yes
checking for multiple weak symbol support... yes
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether g77 accepts -g... no
checking how to get verbose linking output from g77... configure: WARNING: compilation failed

checking for Fortran libraries of g77...
checking whether C can link with ...  yes
checking for linker for Fortran main programs... configure: error: Could not compile Fortran test program
Building MVAPICH2...
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
MVAPICH2 installation...
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
Congratulations on successfully building MVAPICH2. Please send your feedback to mvapich-discuss at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sundeep Narravula <narravul at cse.ohio-state.edu> wrote: The executables are usually installed in the installation path. The
default for which is /usr/local/mvapich2. Please check this directory for
any executable files.

After a successful compilation you should have the executables in  your
/path-to-the-mvapich2-build-dir/bin directory.

Otherwise, please send me your make logs; i.e. config-mine.log and
make-mine.log.

Thanks,
  --Sundeep.

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, david elsen wrote:

> [...]
>
>   There is no bin directory in my MVAPICH2 directory.
>
> Sundeep Narravula  wrote:
>

> > I tried from the trunk and I could run the makefile for iWARP without any error. But I do not see any executable there.
> > What else do I need to do?
> >

> I am not sure which excutable you are refering to? Once you are done with
> compiling mvapich2, mvapich2 is ready for use and you should have all your
> mpi related executables in the install path and the ./bin/ directory of
> your build path.
>
> Information related to running mpi programs,  using iWARP device, etc. are
> all detailed in the mvapich2 user guide available on our web-page.
> http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/ --> UserGuide
>
> Does this answer your question? Please let me know if you have any further
> questions.
>
> Cheers,
> --Sundeep.
>
> > Sundeep Narravula wrote:
> > Your path should probably be /usr/local/
> >
> > The files required for OSU MVAPICH2 will be in
> > /usr/local/include
> > and
> > /usr/local/lib (or lib64 for 64bit machines)
> >
> > You will have to set the path to /usr/local only.
> >
> > export OPEN_IB_HOME=/usr/local
> >
> > This should let you compile mvapich2.
> >

> > Alternatively, you can also download the latest trunk source for mvapich2
> > from our svn which already has a  changed default.
> >
> > svn co https://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/svn/mpi/mvapich2/trunk mvapich2
> >
> > Cheers,
> > --Sundeep.
> >

> > On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, david elsen wrote:
> >
> > > Does it mean that if I have my iWARP code in
> > >
> > > /usr/src/gen2/branches/iwarp
> > >
> > > then
> > > OPEN_IB_HOME = /usr/src/gen2/branches/iwarp
> > >

> > > Sundeep Narravula wrote:
> > > Hi David,

> > > The variable OPEN_IB_HOME in make.mvapich2.iwarp sets the path to the Gen2
> > > installation that  you intend to use for iwarp. The default in the script
> > > is /usr/local/ofed.
> > >
> > > Based on your installation, please set this variable appropriately.
> > >
> > > export OPEN_IB_HOME=/usr/local

> > > We have updated our userguide with the installation information. The
> > > dependencies that we have are the installation of OF iwarp branch, the
> > > setup of rdma-cm module and the setup of the underlying network.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > --Sundeep.

>  > > > > > - 2935 MB/sec bidirectional Put bandwidth

> > >  > > > - 3.01 microsec one-way latency (4 bytes)

> >  > > > >

> >  > > Can you please provide README files for the iWARP which describes TODO steps?

>  > > > http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/

> > > Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.

> Cheap  Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Sponsored Link

 Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr - MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Associate - Click now to apply