[mvapich-discuss] Re: Running MVAPICH2 with SLURM Process Manager

wei huang huanwei at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu May 25 22:06:39 EDT 2006

> * hard    nproc   16384
> * soft    nofile  4096
> * hard    nofile  65536
>
> * hard    memlock unlimited
> * soft    memlock unlimited

This only says you are allowed to set to unlimited. But it doesn't mean
the memlock limit has been set to that value.

> # End of file
> [molson] (root) security>
>
> THE SLURM DEAMONS WERE RESTARTED BETWEEN THESE TWO SNIPS
>
> [molson] (slurm) slurm> srun sh -c 'ulimit -l'
> 512

It shows that memlock limit is set to 512kB, which is not enough to run
mvapich2. You need to have the value set correctly so that the command
shows `unlimited'. Here is a brief instruction:

http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/mvapich_user_guide.html#x1-350007.2.3

Hope that works.

Thanks.

--Wei