[mvapich-discuss] Performance Drop using MVAPICH-0.97-mlx2.1.0

Alfred Torrez atorrez at lanl.gov
Wed May 17 11:10:44 EDT 2006

Hi,

I installed OpenFabrics OFED-1.0-rc4 (with mvapich-0.97-mlx2.1.0) on a few
nodes in our cluster.  Using the osu_bw benchmark, I noticed that peak bw
performance dropped by about 200MB/sec vs the other nodes that have
mvapich-gen2-1.0-105ninstalled.  In fact, this is the lowest performance I
have ever seen using various versions of mvapich on this cluster.  IPoIB
and verbs level ping-pong performance did not seem to drop so I am
wondering if this is related to a tuning parameter that I need to adjust (I
played with some of them)?  I did have to upgrade HCA firmware from 3.3.2
to 3.4 due to the "couldn't modify SRQ limit" error.

Cluster specifics are:

Xeon 2.2GHz
FC3 2.6.14.4
Mellanox MT23108-CE128 HCA fw. ver. 3.4.0

Thanks,

Alfred