[mvapich-discuss] viadev_max_rdma_size

Matthew Koop koop at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jun 28 12:07:24 EDT 2006

Pasha,

You are correct about the purpose of the parameter. The 1MB value was
tuned to allow good performance with previous generation IB firmware and
hardware that had a degradation of RDMA write performance above 1MB.

Given that moving the maxiumum message size to 4MB no longer has any
performance issues we've adjusted the default parameters in the trunk of
our SVN.

Thanks for your suggestion,

Matthew Koop
-