[mvapich-discuss] mpiexec problem

Taylor, Norm R. taylor-norm at zai.com
Tue Jun 27 08:59:38 EDT 2006

Hi,
  I am running MVAPICH2-0.9.3, and am having some problems with
'mpiexec'.

I start an mpd on 2 nodes using 'mpdboot -n 2'. I verify correct startup
using 'mpdtrace', and it prints out 2 lines: 'mpi13' and 'mpi10', which
are the names of the 2 nodes in the daemon ring. I can then type
'mpiexec -n 2 hostname', and it prints out the correct 2 node names
again, mpi13 and mpi10. Now I use 'mpiexec' to run a small C program
that simply gets and prints the node name on which it's running. The
command is 'mpiexec -n 2 /home/nrt/bin/chkpp'. In this case it prints
'mpi13' twice, so both instances of the program were started on 'mpi13',
where it should have been 1 on mpi13 and 1 on mpi10. Am I doing
something wrong here?

thanks,
  NT

Norm Taylor