[mvapich-discuss] Segmentation faults with long current working directory names

Van Dam, HJJ (Huub) h.j.j.vandam at dl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 27 08:54:49 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have build a program linking against MVAPICH Version 0.9.7 on an HP
Cluster Platform 4000 based on Redhat Enterprise Linux 4 which is build
from 2.4GHz Opteron cores linked together by infiniband with VAPI
drivers.

The resulting code works or segmentation faults (after a while but
always in the same place) depending on the length of the current working
directory name. The program runs fine when I run it in

   /home/hjmvd93/flop

But it segmentation faults when I run it in

/home/hjmvd93/gamessuk_hapo/GAMESS-UK-v2/examples/parallel_gas/input_fil
es_benchmarks

Now I am at a complete loss why this happens. My application code does
not care for or use the current working directory name at any point. So
I am wondering whether MVAPICH is using the current working directory
name and whether this has a fixed length, perhaps? Can anyone answer
this question or give me some advice, please?

Thank you,

   Huub van Dam

Huub van Dam                  email: h.j.j.vandam at dl.ac.uk
CCLRC Daresbury Laboratory    phone: +44-1925-603933
Daresbury, Warrington           fax: +44-1925-603634
Cheshire, UK
WA4 4AD