[mvapich-discuss] Unable to build v.0.9.3 for IB

Taylor, Norm R. taylor-norm at zai.com
Thu Jun 8 08:47:53 EDT 2006

I'm having trouble with the build process, so I have some questions...

1. I didn't find any build instructions other than those in the
README-MPICH2 file, so I followed those. Is that correct? The result was
that I had exactly the same errors building MVAPICH2 for IB as I had
trying to build MPICH2 for IB.

2. Assuming it was correct to run ./configure as instructed by
MPICH2-README, I got an error saying it was unable to find required
libraries for the vapi version of the ib channel. I ran ./configure 3
times..

On my first try I added these two items to configure:
  --with-device=ch3:ib
  --with-ib=vapi

On my second try I also added:
  --with-ib-path=/usr/mellanox/lib

On my third try I changed the above to:
  --with-ib-path=/usr/mellanox

When I look in /usr/mellanox/lib I find the following files (among
others):  libvapi_common.a  libvapi_common.so  libvapi.so

So it looks like the vapi libraries are present, but the configure
script is not finding them.

Any advice?

thanks,
  Norm