[mvapich-discuss] Latest mvapich problems with PCI-Expess InfiniPath

Andrey Slepuhin andrey.slepuhin at t-platforms.ru
Mon Jul 24 15:42:39 EDT 2006

Dear folks,

I'm doing some testing on Woodcrest-based cluster with QLogic
(PathScale) PCI-Express InfiniPath adapters. I got slightly better
performance with latest MVAPICH (0.9.8-rc0) vs. native MPI on Linpack
but unfortunately I see failed residual checks periodically. Has anybody
seen such problems?

The hardware is dual Woodcrest 3.0GHz, 8GB RAM, InfiniPath PE-880 HCA
The software: RHEL 4 update 3, kernel 2.6.9-34.ELsmp, InfiniPath
software stack 1.3 (including OpenFabrics software), MVAPICH-0.9.8-rc0

Best regards,
Andrey

--
A right thing should be simple (tm)