[mvapich-discuss] RE: Po

Choudhury, Durga Durga.Choudhury at drs-ss.com
Tue Feb 21 13:42:50 EST 2006

Hi Wei

Thanks for the reply. Our nodes are NOT connected by infiniband but by a
proprietary backplane switch fabric, and this is why we cannot port the
OSU gen2 or VAPI channel directly. We are in the process of implementing
uDAPL for our switch fabric after which we can run MPI over uDAPL, but
the uDAPL specs are so infiniband centric that we are having a hard time
doing it.

As of now, we have a TCP/IP stack running over our switch fabric and
this is how we currently run MPI over the ch3:sock device, with limited
performance. Changing the device to ch3:ssm ought to give us a
significant performance boost.

I'll try asking the question in the ANL mailing list; in the meanwhile,
any leads from the users of this list will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Durga