[mvapich-discuss] [query]MVAPICH2 with SDP sockets

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Mon Dec 18 11:59:28 EST 2006

>From: Jimmy Tang <jtang at tchpc.tcd.ie>
>Subject: Re: [mvapich-discuss] [query]MVAPICH2 with SDP sockets
>To: keshetti mahesh <k_mahesh85 at yahoo.co.in>
>Cc: mvapich-discuss at cse.ohio-state.edu
>
> with your reply i got one more question in my mind...you have mentioned only Gen2,VAPI nad uDapl using which i can better perfromance
> what about the TCP/IP/IPOIB ....waht is the performance i can get with this setup comparatively.
>

>TCP (IPOIB) will give you less performance than SDP, as Matthew
>suggests, running with VAPI/Gen2 or uDAPL will give the best possible
>performance.

We reached about 5+ Gbit/s for SDP throughput on netperf tests (SDR IB
4x w/23108 HCAs from Mellanox), i.e. much more low that it's for
"usual" MPI. TCP throughput was, of course, much more worse (about 1.6
Gigiabit/s, but it gives high CPU load and nepends therefore from CPUs
used; we used Opteron 242).

Yours
Mikhail Kuzminsky
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry