[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH Multirail

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at ieee.org
Wed Dec 13 16:44:52 EST 2006

Afternoon all,

I'm trying to bring up MVAPICH-0.9.8 vapi_multirail, but I'm running
into some problems (beyond those I noted in my september 22nd note re:
installation problems) when I try to run on more than two nodes.

Between two nodes, I get good performance, with osu_bibw maxing out
~2750 MB/sec. However, as soon as I run something with more than two
nodes, for example, osu_bcast with four nodes, things crash. I
occasionally see the message :

[0] Abort: [compute-0-0.local:0] Got completion with error,
code=VAPI_RETRY_EXC_ERR, vendor code=81
 at line 2114 in file viacheck.c

Any suggestions? I have tested (within the four nodes I'm trying)
dual-rail communication between each set of nodes successfully.

Thanks,
 Eric Borisch
--
Eric A. Borisch