[mvapich-discuss] [MVAPICH2 0.9.5] Unaligned accesses on IA64 platforms

wei huang huanwei at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat Dec 2 10:04:55 EST 2006

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know the unaligned access. Unfortunately,
MPID_Request is a complex structure and we don't have access to any IA64
platform right now, it will be difficult for us to locate all unaligned
access at this stage.

Could you try a simple workaround to change the type of data_sz from
MPIDI_msg_sz_t to uint32_t? ("mpid/osu_ch3/include/mpidpre.h":36).
Hopefully it will make this access aligned.

Would you please let us know if this works and if you have seen any other
unaligned accesses.

Thanks.

Regards,
Wei Huang

774 Dreese Lab, 2015 Neil Ave,
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
Ohio State University
OH 43210
Tel: (614)292-8501