[mvapich-discuss] OpenFabrics

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Aug 31 17:16:24 EDT 2006

Hello Kevin,

>With MVAPICH-0.9.8, I no longer see the behavior with the vanilla osu
>benchmarks (osu_bw and osu_bibw).  However, I still see the problem with
>a somewhat modified version I have (We submitted a version of this to
>Dr. Panda, or you can find it at
>http://www.pathscale.com/performance/InfiniPath/mpi_multibw/mpi_multibw.html

Thanks for verifying that you don't see the problem with the OSU
benchmarks as is, but only with the PathScale modified benchmark. How
about other well known MPI benchmarks? Do you see the same problem with
them too?

I am attaching a patch to the test you provided, could you please let us
know if this makes the program work correctly?

>  To this point I have not succeeded in doing this.  I set up a hosts
>file with the ib0 (IPoIB) net addresses in it, but what appears to
>happen is mpirun ssh's over via IPoIB to start the jobs, but the jobs
>then communicated via the ethernet link between them.
>
>  Have you played with this previously and have any advice on how to get
>it to work?  I'll keep tinkering, but if you have any thoughts they
>would be appreciated.

Well, in the past, I just used the IPoIB addresses instead of hostnames.
If you have hostnames attached to those IPs, that should work too, IMHO.

Thanks,
Sayantan.

--
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~surs