[mvapich-discuss] OpenFabrics

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Aug 30 14:09:02 EDT 2006

Hello Kevin,

Kevin Ball wrote:

>Hi Michael, Sayantan, et all,
>
>  I'm observing identical symptoms to the ones you mention in this
>discussion, on a pair of Itanium machines with Mellanox hardware and
>firmware, and OFED 1.1-rc2.  Did you ever find a fix or workaround for
>this?  Thanks!

Yes, we did find some fixes for this issue:

1. In your compilation script the flag "-fno-strict-aliasing" is required.

2. You need to apply this patch for getting rid of the "unaligned
access" warnings.

Could you please let us know the outcome of your testing? We will then
check in these things into our trunk.

Thanks,
Sayantan.

--